Tuesday, June 28, 2011

PF Changs Gluten Free Menu

My brother-in-law is out for a visit this week, and so we decided to go out for dinner and a movie.  Naturally for me, apprehension kicks in.  Will I be able to get service? Can I be confident there are no cross contamination issues?  We decided on PF Changs China Bistro in Sherman Oaks.  The general manager came to my table; he reassured me that my meal would be gluten free. He said that they had a separate wok and cooking station for gluten free food, and the kitchen staff were fully trained. Even the plates they used were marked differently to identify the gluten issue. They even brought me my own sauces.

For an appetizer we decided on the GF lettuce wraps, and for the entree, I ordered the Singapore Street Noodles... shrimp, chicken, vegetables and rice noodles stir fried with gluten free sauce. Both were delicious.

It was nice to feel confident that I could enjoy an evening out without the stress of trying to explain my food intolerance to someone who looks at me like I'm speaking a foreign language, or worry that my salad is going to arrive with croutons.  Thanks PF Changs for making a good evening even better. I hope more restaurants follow their lead.

Next on my list to try is Pitfire Pizza in North Hollywood.  I hear they serve pizza crusts supplied by The Sensitive Baker.  I can already taste my Hawaiian pizza....

http://www.pfchangs.com/menu/

No comments:

Post a Comment