Saturday, June 25, 2011

Annie's Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese (Gluten Free of Course)




Tonight I just wanted some easy, fast comfort food.  The result: Annie's deluxe macaroni and cheese, add sliced Applegate Farms organic hot dogs, chopped caramelized onions, some cayenne for spice, and you have a yummy, healthier version of mac and cheese.  The hot dogs are grass fed beef and contain no nitrites (note: nitrites can affect blood pressure, and can reduce oxygen in your cells.) I'm just a big supporter of organic whole foods.  

It is my understanding that some of Annie's products are produced in facilities that contain gluten, but their website says that strict manufacturing processes are used to prevent cross contamination issues.  I plan to contact them to see if this product is made in a facility with gluten.  Lately I've been trying to eat more certified gluten free foods or whole foods. If processed food, I definitely stay away from products that are made on the same equipment as gluten, regardless of strict practices.  I have a pretty sensitive system and if there is any gluten I seem to be affected. I know some of Annie's foods are made in gluten-free facilities, so one can hope! Will let everyone know when I get an answer to my email.

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment