Friday, January 6, 2012

Earth Cafe Vegan Cheesecakes



I was looking for something to satisfy my sweet tooth without being detrimental to my health, since I'm currently on one of the most restrictive diets to starve my candida problems and improve my digestion.  I came across Earth Cafe Cheesecakes. They sell these in single serving containers in stores (you can also buy a whole cheesecake on their website online). They carry their cheesecakes at Whole Foods, Ralphs and most health food stores: I think I've seen them at my local co-op food store too.

To quote their site, "Living (raw), vegan, wheat/gluten free, cholesterol free, and tastes amazing." And it really does. Taste. Amazing.  And they have the food awards to prove it.





I picked up a slice of the Cherry Dream cheesecake.  While I know this does have a bit of sugar in it (7 grams per serving), it is gluten and dairy free. And you have to treat yourself a little bit now and then. I liked how creamy it was, and sweet but not overbearingly so. And most of all, the chunks of real cherries in the middle were quite good. I like the "crust" made of nuts as it gives a good crunchy texture that compliments the creaminess of the filling. I think they add just enough cinnamon in the crust, and a perfect amount of lemon to the filling to give it a bit of tartness, kind of like a dairy cream cheese would have.



Ingredients are:

"soaked cashews, raw coconut, coconut butter, fresh cherries, agave nectar, soaked pecans, soaked walnuts, lemon, lecithin, vanilla bean extract, cinnamon, sea salt."

 That's it. How refreshing to eat a pre-made treat that doesn't have a gazillion ingredients in it. Better yet, you know what all of these ingredients are and can even pronounce them.

Other flavors they have are:

Banana Cream, Blueberry Thrill, Cali Lemon, Peach Passion, Rockin Raspberry, Strawberry Fields Forever, Who's Your Daddy (carob mousse), Coconut Carob, and a Sweet Potato Pie.
Go pick some up! Better yet, order a whole cheesecake online!

No comments:

Post a Comment