Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Trader Joe's Indian Fare - Cheap, Healthy and Fast Gluten Free Meals

A quick post here.... has anyone tried Trader Joe's Indian Fare? You can find this vacuum pouched food in the section near the rice and condiments. I may not be an Indian food connoisseur, but I know what I like. It's a tasty, healthy, cheap (about $2), and FAST meal. While at work it took me 3 minutes to heat up, and - voila!  The Jaipur Vegetables, which I eat with or without rice depending on my level of hunger, hits the spot. Its great when you want some warm, hearty comfort food - diced potatoes, peas, carrots, cashews in a creamy tomato base with a hint of spice. Yummy party in my tummy. They have many other options of Indian Fare such as Madras lentils and Punjab Choley (with garbanzos.)



Nutrition Facts: 120 Cals, 11g fat, 370 Sodium, 10g carbs (great for lower carb options) 4g fiber, 7g protein and 3g sugar


It is so good that instead of eating the recommended serving - half a pouch - I gobbled up the extra serving, too! As the Beastie Boys would say, "Check-ch-check-check-check-ch-check it out." Okay,  now I'm showing my age a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment